It was such a great morning! Took the kids to the indoor playground (saw E's friend, Cardin!) and then went to Baja Fresh for lunch, with Ayden and Mackenzie. E and I shared the chicken tacos and most of their daily supply of guacamole. Landon was so content...ironically, he's fantastic in public places.
Once we got home, I put both kids in their cribs and threw myself on the couch. I didn't sleep well last night...I was beat.
That was short lived. Baby woke up and shortly thereafter, so did E.
Oh well, I didn't mind them waking up early because I had promised Elisabeth we'd go for a walk when she woke up.
What a better way to end the day than to walk up to the Starbucks, get a coffee and maybe hit up the park on our way back?
| The Train |
I underestimated. The train + kids + coffee = not a leisurely experience.
Trying to steer that ginormous (but fabulous) stroller with one hand and hold coffee in the other is not an easy task.
To make matters more difficult, all 50 pounds of kid and stroller kept leaning to the right. Who knew strollers had alignment? I had to stop every tenth step and resituate. It was either that or roll into the street.
I hit a curb or bump every third step. Again, hot coffee in my right hand. If a new phrase of Elisabeth's doesn't involve a curse word, it'll be a miracle. Coffee spilled out of the cup....a bad word came out of my mouth. I tried to hold it in but I couldn't.
My sleeves were stained, I had a massive dribble line down the front of my bright white hoodie AND I was pretty sure I had 2nd degree burns on my hands.
Whatever. We made it to the park :) I ditched the coffee.
Despite my unrelaxing walk, it all turned out okay because I found out I can still do the monkey bars.
I can still skip the bars. Who knew? I rule.
Great story Krista. My favorite part is the notion that there is still a kid in all of us...you on the monkey bars...awesome. I can hear the music from the Rocky movie playing in my mind. E. must think her mom is the best...I bet all the curse words vanished from her memory at the sight of you on the monkey bars. Upon your next inclination to cursing out the coffee...just think of that "Rocky" like moment and shout out...Oh yeah!
ReplyDelete