Thursday, March 10, 2011

Life in the Fast Lane

A few weeks ago, the gray clouds began creeping upon our happy and sunny house.  Where were they coming from?  We haven't seen fussiness like this in MONTHS. We knew these clouds could only mean one thing..."Hyde" was about return.

Few have been subjected to Hyde and only the bravest have survived.

Long story short:  2 doctor visits, 10 blow out diapers and about 400 oxycleaned spit up spots later, we came to the conclusion that the formula switch was the culprit for this massive mood swing.

Welcome back Alimentum...Welcome back sweet and happy Landon!

We were so glad he was back to his regular, happy self but apparently we had no downtime to waste.
It was time to kick into high gear.  If you know him at all, you know that Landon lives life in the fast lane.  He desperately wants to break out of this baby body and turn 42. And to make sure he reaches his goal in a timely fashion, he took the bull by the horns and decided to hit some crazy milestones over the past two weeks.

 Here's what he's been up to...

We now have two teeth! 
All the better to eat crackers, bread and chicken with!  He grabbed his first cracker, ate it and chased it down with 4 others. The boy was born to eat table food.









                    ...before          and       (happily ever) after...

We now crawl! 
He's got it down pat.  He may not be fast but he knows where he wants to go...straight for Elisabeth's toys.


We have tackled Croup!
That wasn't fun but thankfully, it was just a mild case.  It's sad to hear your baby barking like a dog and honking like a kazoo in the middle of the night.  If his humidifier didn't have a "rain forest" setting before, it does now.  He was happy during the day, so luckily we all had a chance to recover from the middle of the night wakings.  A few trips out into the brisk air and some extra snuggles seemed to help.

We have tackled our first ear infection!
Thank you, Croup.

We have a big boy car seat!
Poor little (or is it big) guy.  He probably outgrew his infant carrier last month. Even with the straps on their loosest setting, I still pinch a thigh roll.  I'm afraid I'll take him out and his legs will be blue from the pressure. I thought I should keep shoving him in there as long as I could...until two of my friends told me to ditch the car seat and break out the convertible.  Thanks for the push, Emily and Missy buut a big thank you goes to Bubs for his new ride!!

And I almost forgot...

We lowered the crib!
He was hysterical to watch over the video monitor.  best.purchase.ever, by the way.  I sometimes choose to watch his monitor over DVR.
He enjoyed pulling himself up and drumming away on the crib rail.  The tipping point (literally) was when he couldn't hold himself up anymore and hit his mouth on the rail.  Needless to say, we lowered the mattress in the morning.
I now need to sprout orangutan arms overnight, in order to reach him.

1 comment:

  1. you are so funny. i check this all the time for new blogs. i love reading it and seeing the kiddos pictures!

    ReplyDelete